IBM Support Assistant Lite (ISA Lite) for InfoSphere Information Server is a tool to collect data, files, and artifacts from the local installation of InfoSphere Information Server. The tool performs nondestructive tests and passive collections of data to report the system health and verify the correct configuration of the installation. It helps in the following:
- It reduces the effort and amount of time it takes you to send the appropriate diagnostic data to IBM Customer Support by automating the gathering and collection process. The tool FTPs the results to IBM Support and attaches them to an existing PMR (problem management record).
- It helps to troubleshoot InfoSphere Information Server problems. Information pertinent to a problem is collected and analyzed to identify the origin of the problem.
- The tool focuses on automatic collection of problem data and provides diagnostic verifications of an InfoSphere Information Server installation. To verify the installation we can run the General Diagnostic Health Checker and other product-specific health checkers.
The following collector and diagnostic tasks that are usually required by IBM Support for the documentation of a customer problem. There are lot others not listed below.
1. General Diagnostic Health Checker
It provides general tests on connectivity, ports, and DS configuration. The following groups of health checks are performed, comprising about 90 different tests:
o Health Checker Runtime Environment
o Database Health Check
o Information Server Binding Properties Check
o WebSphere Server Health Check
o Information Server Health Check
o Client Health Check
o Logging Agent Health Check
o Logging Service Health Check
o Information Server Agent Health Check
o Connector Access Service Health Check
o Information Analyzer Health Check
o Information Services Director Health Check
o DataStage Health Check
o Business Glossary Health Check
Some of the tests are only available on certain InfoSphere Information Server tiers. When a tier is not installed, the tier-specific test is skipped.
2. InfoSphere Information Server Collector
This collection gathers files and data from the local installation of InfoSphere Information Server and WebSphere Application Server. It collects files from all InfoSphere Information Server modules and components, but no error is given if a file is not found.
3. InfoSphere DataStage Job Logs Collector
This collector gathers log files and debugging information from an InfoSphere DataStage project and job that ran. This collector is available on InfoSphere Information Server, Version 8.5 or later installations and can be invoked from the client tier and engine tiers. After we specify our InfoSphere DataStage credentials, we choose the project to collect information for and the type of information to collect.
4. The DataStage Diagnostics
This provides DS-specific tests like:
- Verifies the InfoSphere DataStage credentials by retrieving them from InfoSphere Information Server and using them to get a list of InfoSphere DataStage projects on an engine tier.
- Lists the connections on the current system that are made to an InfoSphere DataStage server. Includes the IP address to identify the InfoSphere DataStage server.
- Lists the InfoSphere DataStage or InfoSphere QualityStage processes that are running on the server.
- Lists the InfoSphere DataStage or InfoSphere QualityStage projects.
- Lists information such as the InfoSphere DataStage engine uvconfig settings, lock information, and dynamic hashed files.
- List the issues that were found with each InfoSphere DataStage or InfoSphere QualityStage project
You can go here for downloading this tool or to find the user guide.
You find ISALite in the home folder of the IS installation <IS_HOME>\ISALite.
Under the <IS_HOME>\ISALite\doc you find the User’s Guide with instructions and descriptions